HM wearing Birkenstock



Salam all,
so let's start with the latest, then i'll post what i've saved earlier. 
yesterday, HM sultan haitham was planting a frankincense tree as an initiative and i noticed that he's wearing birkenstock. it is not odd to see birkenstock worn with dishdasha as many youngsters do it for comfort and practicality, but it's definitely never seen before on a royal let alone a Sultan. they are very similar-looking to the traditional pair we normally see on men, hence some replaced them with a more comfortable pair like birkenstock or cushioned strapped sandals. 
It's pretty cool to see the sultan is part of the trend.
after noticing, i immediately posted about it on my IG story @sf.dsgn tagging birkenstock (global).
im guessing i'm the only one who noticed coz i look into details that annoy a lot of people around me (lol), but hey, i'm originally a designer and as a marketer looking into details is part of my job. 
HM planting a tree wearing Birkenstock
























After 10 hours, BirkenstockME noticed and used HM picture as a marketing opportunity to market their brand and attract attention. Did they see my post or did they figure it out on their own? that's not the question. 😅😏😜



first they placed the price as 199 Dirhams. I had my doubts as I have a pair and Birkenstocks are not that cheap.
woke up the next morning and checked again on their post and noticed they have changed the price to 449 Dirhams and they slashed it down to 315 as a discount. 





after that,  I posted a question on my IG since many of my followers are SMM and marketing and branding enthusiasts, I asked them if this is the right thing to do by Birkenstock -- is it an opportunity for them to boost sales and brand awareness or is it disrespectful for a Sultan?




Here's are the results:
66 voted Yes and 16 more conservative voted No.


if you're wondering what's so strange about this and why am I posting about it, it's because it's a first for an Omani Royal to be mentioned for his/her sense of fashion.
is it normal around the world for brands to take advantage. Yes.
is it normal in Oman. No.
Here's an example of princess charlotte being mentioned by the store it self: https://www.childrensalon.com/blog/get-the-look-princess-charlotte/

Moreover, in my DM's, I got this: 
A follower is now actually encouraged to buy a pair as he is influenced by HM and looks up to him.



do these posts help the brands in increasing sales and brand awareness level?

and they do and i think it's a a great opportunity. 



Thank you for reaching the end.
SF.
Follow me on Twitter @SaraFidaM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3aib.

Trying to help Omani Designers - Step 1

Frog legs!